Recorded Sunday, April 9
Twinings Chamomile, Honey and Vanilla Tea (Beauty & the Beast!) from lovely Amy
Community Cork Board
- WELCOME to new and returning viewers! A special shout out to all new Ravelry Group members who introduced themselves in the last month!
- New discounts and shop highlights from makers. Be sure to check out all the details in the Community Cork Board thread in the Ravelry Group!
- Lilli of NordicStitches designs is having an Easter sale!
- Gen, from Dumpling Designs, has a new pattern called the Peekaboo Hat and is offering a code good until April 23 midnight EST, especially for you!
- Beatrix Potter KAL March 20 to end of April, WIPs are allowed! Lots of lovely finished objects are in the thread, and are so heartwarming and inspiring. There is a new prize from Jilly veganjilly of The Knitting Broomstick – a rabbit-tastic Freckled Whimsey bag!
- Outlander KAL – NOW EXTENDED! March 1 to end of JUNE!. New prizes! Two bags from Alice & Janice of Cat in the Bag Crafts, and from designer Anna Friberg, 3 copies of the Fergus’ Socks for three winners!
- New KAL! Summer Garment KAL – May 1 to end of August – #SummerGarmentKAL
- Inspired by my intrigue in Quince & Co’s Linen Noir collection, Natalie of Remembrances Pottery reached out asking if I’d be interested in hosting a Summer Garment KAL – and thus…a new KAL was born! Details can be found in the KAL chatter thread here in the group.
- There are already two lovely prizes! A bag and skein of yarn from Terra of Mitchell’s Creations on Etsy. She also has a promo code SPRING10 for 10% off in her shop from now until April 30th! And from the inspirior (is that a word? lol!) of the KAL, Natalie is creating a special, one of a kind mug for the prize pool! It’s STUNNING! 🙂
Works in Progress (WIPs)
- ALMOST DONE with my Beatrix Potter Color Field Shawl by Junkyarn
- Tale as Old as Time
- Didn’t work on my I’m in Love with Jamie….Cowl but will do this coming week!
In the Queue
Gilead by Leila Raabe. Will use Quince & Co Sparrow in Eclipse colorway. Need to use wooden needles! Not sure how much positive ease to include – model shows 41” with 7” positive ease. Will have to swatch the heck out of it!
In the Postie – (a.k.a. In the Postman LOL!)
- Last installment of Mrs. Weasley’s Knit Club from Norah George
- Pins from Kate Gabrielle – saw them on Denise’s instagram account Earthtonesgirl (Sorry I said your Instagram name wrong Denise!), and I ran over and THEN saw the Bae pin. 😉 Gifts
- From Terra of Mitchell’s Creations – yarn & a comic con bag!
- Barbara of knittingILove – I won her “Podcaster from the Jar” drawing! I received a package of needle minders, some tea & a package of needle minders for a future giveaway! I think it will be for the 2017 Pumpkin KAL 🙂
- A lovely package from Amy – B&B tea, an awesome bag, and minis 🙂
- Lovely gifts from Janice and Alice of Cat in the Bag Crafts. Tea, notions bag, and a quilted pad.
- From my beloved Marce (heyBrownBerry, labels for a Nephew project. 🙂
Ask Away – gonna answer next time!
- Next week is the beginning of season 10 of Doctor Who. which means…. IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME FOR THE SOCK BLANK FROM AndreSue! DOOOOWEEEEOOOOO! To enter, answer this question in the thread in the Rav group – What is your favorite Doctor Who episode, and why?
- Gala – it happened. Oof. NAMASCRAY! I was listening to Helen of Curious Handmade, and she was discussing the need to use time in a mindful manner. Usually at this time of year, I’m feeling quite scattered, and it’s from multi-tasking fatigue. I’m finding that since I started knitting, I’m really aware of the toll that constant multi-tasking has on my focus and productivity. So I’m continuing to try and work on that, by taking more time during the work day to get away and rest. I was able to get away last week to a new tea place, called Blue Willow Tea, and it was SO relaxing.
- I saw Fantastic Beasts and LOVED it. I really want to give B&B another viewing, and to see if I like that new Beast solo any better…or at all. LOL!
- We had our annual Chorus Concert
- And…..my 1st Podiversery is coming up (April 29). What the WHAT?! I can’t believe it’s been a year already! I am so grateful for you all, and for finding this community. You are the BEST!
Thank you so much for joining me this episode! Stay tuned for the next episode – which will probably be up around this time next week. If you enjoyed the show consider subscribing, and you will be alerted to when a new video is posted!
Have a great week, beautiful makers!