Filmed on Sunday, May 7, 2017
I’m wearing a top from ThinkGeek.com
Earl Grey – David’s Tea
Community Cork Board
- WELCOME to all new and returning viewers! In this episode I give a shout out to all those who introduced themselves in the Ravelry Group Introductions thread!
Community Cork Board Thread – Discounts and shop highlights from makers
- Shelby (yesthatshelby on Rav) has released a new hat pattern called Avenue of Pines! The design is inspired by where she grew up, and she shares the story behind it on the pattern page! This design is half off until May 14 (no coupon code needed), and can be purchased on Ravelry.
- Willemijin of Marie Celeste Stitches on Etsy is offering a 15% discount using code “OperaJo15”!
- Lee of Woollybags on Etsy is offering a 50% discount until May 15 using code CLOSING50! She is having an inventory reduction sale.
- Lauren of Designs by L. Kiedaisch on Etsy is offering a 15% discount using the code HIGHNOTES15. Lovely sock blanks!
None this week
Works in Progress (WIPs)
- Tale as Old as Time Cowl
- Swatch for my Gilead Pullover This is part of the Summer Garment KAL, which runs May 1 to August 31 (WIPs are allowed!). Side note: We received a GORGEOUS grand prize from Natalie of Remembrances Pottery for this KAL. It’s so special and beautiful!
- No work this past week on my I’m in Love with Jamie….Cowl (aka I’m In Love With An 18th Century Scotsman Cowl. This is for the Outlander KAL! Click here for all the glorious details about this KAL, which I am co-hosting with the always lovely veganjilly!
Cross Stitch Corner
I made a bit of progress on my project which is Forest by Satsuma Street. I also found new way of ‘casting on’, which I really like! Here is a link to a video that I used to learn about the various ways to start a new thread.
IT’S BACK! My sewing mojo has returned. I’ll be making the Sorbetto Top by Colette, and might be making two with the Rayon fabric I purchased. 🙂 I found a great blog post on Colette about working with Rayon.
From the Postie
Gift & Future Giveaway
Ilze and Georgi of Share My Passion on Etsy sent some gorgeous resin stitch markers and a pin. One for a future giveaway, and one set as a generous gift to me. Thank you!
Casey, FiberDiva28, asked what my favorite musical is, and if I could play another instrument, what would it be!
Beatrix Potter KAL (Make-a-long) Winners!
I announce the winners of the Beatrix Potter KAL FO thread! Thank you all for taking part in the heartwarming and fun make-a-long. I look forward to next year’s MAL!
1st Podiversary Giveaway Reminder
I’ll be announcing the winner in the next episode! Info on how to enter can be found here.
I recently finished a mega sized concert series with the SF Symphony. It was quite the feat! I’m looking forward to a month off, and having more time at home. I’ll be heading up to Sac for Mother’s Day this coming weekend. Can’t wait to see my family, especially my nephew!
Thank you so much for joining me! Stay tuned for the next episode. If you enjoyed the show please subscribe and hit the ole thumbs up!